This pineapple + mango summer smoothie includes turmeric + ginger and has just six ingredients.
Thyroid disorders can have a huge impact on your metabolism and your body temperature.
When my Graves’ symptoms were at their worst, I was on fire – all of the time.
This smoothie recipe was a lifesaver.
THE YUMMIEST WAY TO REFRESH
Lowering inflammation while cooling off never tasted so good.
Whether you drink it as a smoothie, spoon it up as a smoothie bowl or turn it into a popsicle, this recipe is easy to make and has a light, fruity flavor.
INGREDIENTS THAT FIGHT INFLAMMATION
Thyroiditis and autoimmune thyroid disorders are often linked to chronic inflammation.
That’s why I love adding fruit like pineapple to my summer smoothie recipes.
Pineapple is high in bromelain; an enzyme that helps reduce pain, swelling and inflammation.
In addition, the mango in this inflammation fighting smoothie adds the perfect taste of summer.
Mango is also a great source of antioxidants; the free radical fighters that protect our body against cancer, heart disease and other illnesses.
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS SMOOTHIE
- Toss in frozen fruit that’s been cut into smaller chunks for a cool, frothy texture.
- Boost the anti-inflammatory power by blending in 1-2 handfuls of vitamin K rich spinach.
- Substitute half of the water with vanilla coconut or hemp milk for a creamier taste.
MORE HEALTHY RECIPES
Want more turmeric in your life?
This easy-to-make golden milk will do the trick. Get it here -> golden milk.
* 1 cup of frozen pineapple
* 1 cup of frozen mango
* 1 tsp. of coconut oil
* 1 tsp. of fresh ginger
* 1 tsp. of fresh turmeric
* 1 cup of water or filtered, whole leaf aloe juice
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Place the ginger, turmeric, frozen fruit and coconut oil in your blender.
- Pour in the water or aloe juice.
- Blend to your desired consistency.
Find this helpful? Leave us a comment. We’d love to hear from you!
Looking for more thyroid tips? Take our FREE thyroid quiz to find out the things that could be making your symptoms worse.
pineapple + mango summer smoothie
June 22, 2021