Pancakes anyone? These simple gluten + dairy-free pancakes may just become your go-to recipe.
I don’t know anyone who doesn’t like a good fluffy pancake. But when you’re avoiding gluten + dairy, it can be tough to find a recipe that rivals the OG taste and texture.
WHY GO GLUTEN + DAIRY-FREE
Even if you’ve never officially been diagnosed with a gluten OR dairy allergy, your body can still be sensitive to both; triggering inflammation, bloating, digestive issues, brain fog and even autoimmune disorders.
This simple gluten + dairy-free pancake recipe makes 6 medium-sized pancakes and leaves a ton of room for your favorite healthy add-ins.
* 1 cup of gluten-free flour
* 1 tbsp. of baking powder
* 1/4 tsp. of salt
* 1 cup of dairy-free milk
* 2 tbsp. of melted coconut oil
* 2 tbsp. of maple syrup
* 1 tsp. of pure vanilla extract
HOW TO MAKE THEM:
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract until thoroughly blended.
- Add your liquid mixture into your dry mixture and stir until combined. TIP: don’t over-mix or your pancakes will be tough.
- Let the batter rest for 5 minutes so your pancakes will have that fluffy factor. NOTE: Want add-ins? Fold in some cacao nibs, nuts or fruit here.
- Heat a skillet or nonstick griddle to medium-low heat. If necessary, lightly oil the cooking surface with additional oil.
- Pour 1/4 cup sized scoops of batter onto your warm skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes until small bubbles form. Then flip and cook on the other side for 1-2 minutes (or until golden brown).
- Top with your favorite fruit – enjoy!
Pancakes and golden milk go hand-in-hand. Try this easy anti-inflammatory golden milk recipe (it’s packed with turmeric).
Simple Gluten + Dairy-Free Pancakes
August 11, 2020