If you’ve been browsing any of the health-inspired corners of the web, we’re sure you’ve come across golden milk. It’s creamy, spicy (tastes similar to chai) and it’s packed with the anti-inflammatory spice turmeric. Turmeric has been proven to help with digestive issues, weight-loss, stress relief, brain health, depression and has anti-cancer properties.
HOW TO MAKE IT
There are a few different ways to tweak the flavor and there are certainly more labor-intensive versions but here’s our favorite 5-minute recipe:
* 2 cups of coconut milk
* 1 tsp. of turmeric powder
* 1 tbsp. of organic, virgin coconut oil
* 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon powder
* 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
* a pinch of ground black pepper
* 1/4 tsp. of ginger powder (or fresh, peeled ginger root)
* 1 tbsp. of raw honey (or to taste)
How to Prepare It
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Pour the blended mixture into a saucepan and heat for 3-5 minutes; until very warm but not boiling.
- Be sure to stir well, then drink immediately, while warm.
WHY & HOW TO USE IT
Whether you’re suffering from joint pain, have trouble sleeping, want to boost your immune system, improve digestive issues or want clearer skin, adding golden milk to your daily drink routine is a great way to sip your way healthy – any time of the day.
Got Golden Milk? This Recipe Makes It Easy
March 29, 2019