These easy almond chip energy bites are made with just eight ingredients and zero added sugars.
Dark chocolate, oats and almond butter make these yummy energy bites a must to boost your energy and satisfy your tastebuds.
Working from home might have cut down my morning commute but my schedule throughout the day can get just as busy as it was before quarantine life began.
I love having healthy snacks that I can make in batches ahead of time, store easy and grab quickly between virtual sessions with our clients.
Reaching for healthy options is easier when I know they’re going to keep my blood sugar, energy levels, and mood more consistent throughout the day.
THE PERFECT ENERGY BOOSTING SNACK
If you’re looking for a snack that’ll give you some energy without leaving you feeling like you’re ready to crash, these energy bites are full of chia seeds and pecans; healthy fats that keep your blood sugar from spiking.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE ENERGY BITES
Since peanuts can cause inflammation and trigger digestive issues, I’m using almond butter in this recipe.
The honey in this snack recipe is the perfect natural sweetener—plus, it’s a great source of antioxidants, which are basically the free-radical fighters for the cells in our body.
TIPS FOR MAKING THESE ENERGY BITES
- Make sure that after you’ve mixed everything, you get your ‘batter’ nice and chilled. It’ll be much easier (and less sticky) to roll with.
- Add a scoop of vegan protein powder to get 15g of extra protein.
MORE HEALTHY RECIPES
Got pancakes? I’ve got you covered with this easy, gluten-free pancake recipe.
* 3/4 cup of gluten-free oats
* 3/4 cup of coconut flakes
* 1/2 cup of dried cherries
* 1/2 cup of chopped pecans
* 1/3 cup of almond butter
* 1/3 cup of 70% dark cacao chips
* 1/4 cup of honey
* 1/8 cup of chia seeds
HOW TO MAKE THEM:
- Put all of the ingredients into a mixing bowl then mix using a fork until well combined.
2. Refrigerate the mixture for 20 minutes to make it easier to roll.
3. Spoon then roll into 1-2” balls. Enjoy!
energy bites: the ultimate power snack
February 5, 2021